20 January 2012

Hope Has Not Departed

You my God you are a warm blanket that covers me in the cold.
You are a caring hand that reaches out to me when I am alone
You are gentle and kind, and your mercy extends all the way from heaven
A safe haven, a place of peace, such is your presence to me
Your steadfastness endures beyond my scope of eternity
Your way, O Lord, is a foundation more sure than the very earth
Time may leave all things behind, but I am remembered always by you
Though engulfed in a tempest, but a word saves me from harm
Though lost in a desert, your joy, O Lord is my strength to continue
Though sought out by darkness, your light drives it far away
What armies set out to defeat, you can uphold in safety
The time comes when all things that stand against you will fall away
The time is coming when all glory will be restored 
The time is coming when your name will echo from every corner
Hope has never departed because you my God have stand fast

No comments:

Post a Comment